Sturdy plastic tummy Scooter Board with handles ideal for Occupational Therapy and Children/Teens with additional needs.
Ideal for upper extremity strengthening, movement, motor planning and vestibular activities.
Approximate Scooter Board Dimension: (W ) 40 cm x (L) 40 cm.
Sturdy plastic tummy scooter board with handles on either side of the board. This Scooter Board slightly is smaller measuring 40cm long by 40cm wide making it ideal for smaller children.
The integral contoured handles help children grip the scooter to aid stability and balance, helping inspire confident movement . Children can sit, kneel or lie prone position on the sturdy 40cm long board.
Encourages balance and motor planning
- Develops strength in the core and helps to improve weak muscle tone
Helps kids estimate speed and distance
An ideal tool for children on the autism spectrum or with sensory and vestibular challenges
- upper extremity strengthening, movement, motor planning and vestibular activities.
- heavy floor work using scooters can strengthen the hands and wrists.
- strengthening can have a positive impact on fine motor skills such as writing and dressing.
Good to know:
- Maximum weight limit 200 lb
- Available in Blue, Green, Red and Yellow
- Scooter Boards for therapy should be used under adult supervision at all times.
10 funs things to do on a Scooter Board:
- Body Bowling. Set up bowling pins at one end of the room, and have the child ride the scooter board down to knock them over.
- Fishing. Scatter magnetic fish around the floor and have the child go find them all.
- Superman catch.
- Pull the child around with a rope or a hula hoop.
- Do a puzzle. Have the puzzle pieces at one end of the room, and the puzzle board at the other end.
- Sorting. Have bean bags or other objects at one end of the room that can be sorted into containers at the other end of the room.
- Shopping. Place play food around the room, and you tell them what they need to find and get.
- Obstacle course of things you need to scoot around.
- Place cones around the room, and give the child ping pong balls that they have to place on top of the cones.
- Follow a path of tape placed on the floor.
Scooter Boards for therapy should be used under adult supervision at all times.
Using a Scooter Board safely :
- Scooter Boards are intended for indoor use only
- Do not exceed the weight capacity
- Never allow a child to stand on a scooter board
- Only one child at a time should ride a scooter board
- Do not use on stairs
- Do not ride backwards
Products that are in stock and ordered before 2pm, Monday to Friday, will be despatched the same working day.
Weighted Lap Pads and Shoulder Wraps and other handmade products may take 2-3 working days to be despatched, if not in stock. We will endeavour to contact customers whose orders may be affected by any despatch delays.
- Delivery is FREE on orders of £45 and above within Mainland UK (excluding Highlands, Offshore Islands & Northern Ireland).
- Mainland UK delivery charges are £2.95/£3.95 Royal Mail and £5.95 for courier delivery for orders under £45.
- Small items are sent by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery. Larger items are sent by DPD for next day delivery. For smaller items that are in stock and ordered before the 2pm cut off time, you can now select and pay for DPD next day delivery at the checkout stage.
- Please note we cannot deliver to a PO Box address.
- We are currently unable to ship overseas.
You can check the status of your order at any time by logging into your customer account via our website. A Customer Account will need to be created before placing an order, to use the order tracking service.
Weekend and Bank Holidays:
Please note that we close our warehouse & sales office over all UK Bank Holidays, you can leave us a message via email@example.com. Please bear in mind that despatch will not take place during this time so orders may take a little longer following the bank holiday break
We want you to be 100% happy with your purchase, but if you find that the product is not suitable you must return the goods to us within 30 days of receipt for a refund or exchange of the same or similar. Returns of a sales item must be within 14 days of receipt.
To receive a refund or exchange, goods must be returned unused, in their original packaging and with all original documentation. It is not possible for us to make a refund or exchange if the goods returned are not in perfect condition or it is obvious to us that the goods have been used. Refunds for goods which are returned used, in an unsaleable condition or after 30 days will be at the discretion of SenseToys.
Is there anything that cannot be returned?:
Yes. We have a small number of products that due to hygiene reasons are not eligible for returns if any of their packaging has been opened. These are:
- All Chewbuddy™ products & all other branded sensory chews and bangles.
- All Putty*/ Sand/ Clay/ PlayFoam (*unless the inner protective bag remains unopened)
- High Fidelity Ear Plugs and Ear Defenders (Silicone Sensory Ear Plugs are non-returnable due to the nature of their packaging)
Sensory Direct Weighted Lap Pads & Shoulder Wraps
The Sensory Direct Weighted Lap Pads & Shoulder Wraps carry a ‘Lifetime Guarantee’. If your Weighted Blanket or Lap Pad develops a fault, please call our friendly Customer Services Team on 0345 257 0849, 09:00 – 17:00, Monday to Friday and they will happily arrange a repair or replacement.
Please ensure you complete a returns form when sending back your goods - this is sent with your order. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a replacement. Without a completed form your refund may be delayed.
Shortages & Non receipt:
Shortages and breakages must be reported to SenseToys within 3 days of receiving your order. Non receipt of an order must be reported to SenseToys within 7 days of notification of despatch.
Please ensure you complete the Returns Form with your Purchase Order Reference ( e.g. SO048123 - you will find this on your paperwork or through our Sales office) when sending back your goods . You will find the Returns Form with your order. Please email email@example.com if you need a replacement form or cannot find your reference number. Without a completed returns form it is likely to delay your refund.
Please contact our service team either by phone on 0345 257 0849 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org where we can advice you on our process.
What is the cost of returning a product?:
Unless the goods are faulty or sent in error you are responsible for the cost of returning the goods to us. We recommend you use recorded delivery and obtain insurance, as proof of posting is not proof of receipt. Where goods are not faulty or sent in error only the cost of the goods excluding postage & packing will be refunded. For further information, please contact our sales office for further advise.
Shortages & Non receipt
Shortages and breakages must be reported to SenseToys within 3 days of receiving your order. Non receipt of an order must be reported to Sensory Direct within 7 days of notification of despatch.
SenseToys, Unit 11 Great Western Business Park, McKenzie Way, Worcester. WR4 9GN