Round therapy & exercise ball.
Anti burst, latex free ball is available in 3 sizes -
- 40cm (yellow),
- 50cm (red) and
- 60cm (green)
Therapy Balls are commonly used for:
- Improving dynamic balance by sitting or lying on top of the ball
- Activities to facilitate movement and general gross motor coordination
- Exercises to increase core strength by working on the abdomen and back control
- Sensory activities such as applying deep pressure with the ball to calm
- Gradual introduction of increased weight bearing activities to improve muscle tone and strength
As a quick guide before buying a ball, measure the distance from the user’s armpit to the middle finger tip and match this measurement to the height of the ball (within 5cm).
Choosing the correct size
As a quick guide before buying a ball, measure the distance from the user’s armpit to the middle finger tip and match this measurement to the height of the ball (within 5cm). This is a good starting point and once you have purchased your ball and inflated it you can follow steps 1 to 3 below to ensure you have the correct ball size.
We are happy to exchange your ball for a bigger or smaller size if necessary.
We have laid out some basic guidelines below, however we recommend that you consult with an or occupational therapist or physio with regards to the sizing of your ideal ball.
1. With the user straddling the ball on the centre saddle, their weight is evenly distributed and feet are flat on the ground.
2. Ideally the knees should be level with the pelvis creating a 90-degree angle at both the hips and the knees with the user’s thighs parallel to the ground.
3. The head, shoulder and pelvis of the user should be in a vertical line, with no leaning necessary to act as a counter balance to keep them on the ball. The ball can be inflated and deflated slightly to adjust the height - the ball should be firm enough to sit on and should not exceed the maximum recommended size. A fully inflated ball will compress less and will therefore be less stable (making some exercises harder as the ball will tend to roll more easily). Letting a little air out will make increase the rolling resistance giving it more stability.
Products that are in stock and ordered before 2pm, Monday to Friday, will be despatched the same working day.
Weighted Lap Pads and Shoulder Wraps and other handmade products may take 2-3 working days to be despatched, if not in stock.
Small items are sent by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery. Larger items are sent by DPD for next day delivery.
Orders over £45 are eligible for free delivery.
You can check the status of your order at any time by logging into your customer account via our website. A Customer Account will need to be created before placing an order, to use the order tracking service.
*Please note that we close our warehouse & sales office over all UK Bank Holidays, you can leave us a message via email@example.com. Please bear in mind that despatch will not take place during this time so orders may take a little longer following the bank holiday break
We want you to be completely happy with the goods you have purchased from SenseToys.
If you are not 100% satisfied with the goods you have purchased you may return them within 30 days of receipt for a refund or exchange. To receive a refund or exchange, goods must be returned unused, in their original packaging and with all original documentation.
Putty/ Sand/ Clay/ PlayFoam – due to hygiene reasons these products are not eligible for returns unless there is a fault with the product.
Sensory Oral Chews / Chewbuddy™ – cannot be refunded where the packaging has been opened.
High Fidelity Ear Plugs and Neck Cord - due to hygiene reasons these are not eligible for returns unless they remain unused with the packaging unopened, however, they can be returned if there is a fault with the product.
The Sensory Direct Weighted Lap Pads & Shoulder carry a ‘Lifetime Guarantee’. If your Weighted Blanket or Lap Pad develops a fault, please call our friendly Customer Services Team on 0345 257 0849, 09:00 – 17:00, Monday to Friday and they will happily arrange a repair or replacement.
Refunds for goods which are returned used, in an unsaleable condition or after 30 days will be at the discretion of SenseToys.
Please ensure you complete a returns form when sending back your goods - this is sent with your order. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a replacement. Without a completed form your refund may be delayed.
Shortages & Non receipt:
Shortages and breakages must be reported to SenseToys within 3 days of receiving your order. Non receipt of an order must be reported to SenseToys within 7 days of notification of despatch.
SenseToys, Unit 11 Great Western Business Park, McKenzie Way, Worcester. WR4 9GN