Our 4-way stretch lycra sensory body sock is an all round movement, proprioceptive, tactile and deep pressure experience.
- Whole body sensory feedback
- Sensory integration to promote body awareness
- Motor planning & gross motor development
- Promotes physical exercise to help relieve stress and anxiety
- Can be used in a quiet corner or reading corner for self-regulation
- Good for those that need to burn off steam in a safe environment
- Can be used at home, school or therapy sessions
A must-have as part of your home, clinic or school based sensory program. The body sock is a great therapy and play tool for autism and sensory integration.
Good to know:
- It's soft and smooth to the touch (it's made from lycra).
- It can be folded away to a compact size to allow for easy storage or to carry with you.
- Suitable for children over 1m and up (see size guide) - children, teens and adults can enjoy the body sock.
- It can be used for both chilling out and messing around with!
Available in 3 sizes:
- Small Body sock: 100cm long x 60cm wide (opening 60cm) - suitable for children 1.0 m to 1.25m tall
- Medium Body sock: 120cm long x 70cm (opening 65cm) - suitable for children 1.2m to 1.45m tall
- Large Body sock: 150cm long x 75cm wide (opening 70cm) - suitable for children 1.5m to 1.75m tall
The Body Sock provides resistance for a deep pressure sensation (great for those that like the feeling of a hug, but no physical contact is required) and will enable the user to move around differently and help with body awareness (balance and movement).
Here are a few fun things to do with a body sock :
- Get your whole body inside the body sock and fully stretch out your arms or legs or both! You can try doing this whilst standing, sitting or lying down.
- Try balancing on one foot whilst you feel the resistance of the sock around you.
- Try the body sock as part of a calming down activity - get inside, push gently against the fabric until you can feel the resistance and enjoy the deep pressure sensation. Pull the sock around you in a hug.
-Try out your favourite yoga pose!
- Whilst inside the sock, lie on your back and squeeze your knees up to your chest, wrapping your arms around them - then push up and out with your hands, arms, legs and feet - releasing all of your tension at the same time. "POP"!!
- Try rolling around with your arms tucked in and your legs stretched out (like you do when rolling down a grass slope).
- Whilst lying on the floor (side, back or tummy) - try making the shapes of the letters to spell out your name!
- With a friend sit facing each other, take it in turns to copy the movements of the other - see how many silly poses and shapes you can make! :)
* Safety: For all activities involving a body sock, adult supervision is recommended. The area you play in must be clear and safe to use. Ideally, the user will want to keep their head and neck outside of the body sock, but when the user chooses to put their head inside, they must have someone with them to assist if needed.
Products that are in stock and ordered before 2pm, Monday to Friday, will be despatched the same working day.
Weighted Lap Pads and Shoulder Wraps and other handmade products may take 2-3 working days to be despatched, if not in stock. We will endeavour to contact customers whose orders may be affected by any despatch delays.
- Delivery is FREE on orders of £45 and above within Mainland UK (excluding Highlands, Offshore Islands & Northern Ireland).
- Mainland UK delivery charges are £2.95/£3.95 Royal Mail and £5.95 for courier delivery for orders under £45.
- Small items are sent by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery. Larger items are sent by DPD for next day delivery. For smaller items that are in stock and ordered before the 2pm cut off time, you can now select and pay for DPD next day delivery at the checkout stage.
- Please note we cannot deliver to a PO Box address.
- We are currently unable to ship overseas.
- Bubble Tubes - delivery to UK Mainland Only
You can check the status of your order at any time by logging into your customer account via our website. A Customer Account will need to be created before placing an order, to use the order tracking service.
Weekend and Bank Holidays:
Please note that we close our warehouse & sales office over all UK Bank Holidays, you can leave us a message via email@example.com. Please bear in mind that despatch will not take place during this time so orders may take a little longer following the bank holiday break.
We want you to be 100% happy with your purchase, but if you find that the product is not suitable you must return the goods to us within 30 days of receipt for a refund or exchange of the same or similar. Returns of a sales item must be within 14 days of receipt.
To receive a refund or exchange, goods must be returned unused, in their original packaging and with all original documentation. It is not possible for us to make a refund or exchange if the goods returned are not in perfect condition or it is obvious to us that the goods have been used. Refunds for goods which are returned used, in an unsaleable condition or after the above timeframe, will be at the discretion of SenseToys.
Is there anything that cannot be returned?:
Yes. We have a small number of products that due to hygiene reasons are not eligible for returns if any of their packaging has been opened. These are:
- All Chewbuddy™ products & all other branded sensory chews and bangles.
- All Putty*/ Sand/ Clay/ PlayFoam (*unless the inner protective bag remains unopened)
- High Fidelity Ear Plugs and Ear Defenders (Silicone Sensory Ear Plugs are non-returnable due to the nature of their packaging)
Sensory Direct Weighted Lap Pads & Shoulder Wraps
The Sensory Direct Weighted Lap Pads & Shoulder Wraps carry a ‘Lifetime Guarantee’. If your Weighted Blanket or Lap Pad develops a fault, please call our friendly Customer Services Team on 0345 257 0849, 09:00 – 17:00, Monday to Friday and they will happily arrange a repair or replacement.
Please ensure you complete a returns form when sending back your goods - this is sent with your order. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a replacement. Without a completed form your refund may be delayed.
Shortages & Non receipt:
Shortages and breakages must be reported to SenseToys within 3 days of receiving your order. Non receipt of an order must be reported to SenseToys within 7 days of notification of despatch.
Please ensure you complete the Returns Form with your Purchase Order Reference ( e.g. SO048123 - you will find this on your paperwork or through our Sales office) when sending back your goods . You will find the Returns Form with your order. Please email email@example.com if you need a replacement form or cannot find your reference number. Without a completed returns form it is likely to delay your refund.
Please allow for 10-14 working days for your refund to appear in your account.
Please contact our service team either by phone on 0345 257 0849 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org where we can advice you on our process.
What is the cost of returning a product?:
Unless the goods are faulty or sent in error you are responsible for the cost of returning the goods to us. We recommend you use recorded delivery and obtain insurance, as proof of posting is not proof of receipt. Where goods are not faulty or sent in error only the cost of the goods excluding postage & packing will be refunded. For further information, please contact our sales office for further advise.
Shortages & Non receipt
Shortages and breakages must be reported to SenseToys within 3 days of receiving your order. Non receipt of an order must be reported to Sensory Direct within 7 days of notification of despatch.
SenseToys, Unit 11 Great Western Business Park, McKenzie Way, Worcester. WR4 9GN