Sensory Direct's Weighted Lap Pads are designed to apply calming deep pressure to the lap and upper legs whilst the user is sitting down. The weight is provided by plastic beads sewn into small individual cells that mould themselves to the body or legs.
The user experiences the deep pressure from the weight of the Lap Pad which has a calming effect helping attention span and reducing excessive fidgeting.
Because of the size of the Lap Pad, it is a cost effective, safe and portable tool, making them ideal for use in the classroom, at reading time, at the dinner table, in the car or whenever and wherever needed.
The Fire Resistant Lap Pads are made of a material that has been independently tested to BS5852 (part 1 : 1979) and BS7175 (part 3 : 1989). If you would like see a copy of the test certificate please email us.
Lap pads come in two weights:
- 1kg for children with approximate product dimensions of: (L) 60cm x (W) 30cm
- 2kg for older children, teens and adults with approximate product dimensions of: (L) 66cm x (W) 51cm
- Without weight and feedback, those who are sensory seeking find it difficult to relax, our weighted blanket distributes weight upon the user to promote a calming effect
- Encourage relaxation and focus and less fidgeting
- Provides and safe and effective therapeutic solution
- Relieve anxiety and stress
- Helps with the symptoms of restless leg syndrome
- Prevents melt-downs and repetitive behaviours
- Eases transitions
- The weight in the blankets applies deep pressure to the touch receptors in the muscles, joints and ligaments imparting a soothing and calming effect
Good to know:
- Lifetime guarantee on workmanship
- CE marked
- Registered as a class 1 medical device with the MHRA (Medicines & Healthcare Regulatory Agency)
- Machine washed at temperatures up to 60°C
- Weight provided by purest quality plastic beads (CE and BS5852 rated)
- Wipe clean
Delivery of Handmade Weighted Products:
Please not that weighted handmade products that are not in stock can take 3-5 working days to be delivered.
Products that are in stock and ordered before 12.30pm, Monday to Friday, will be despatched the same working day.
Weighted Lap Pads and Shoulder Wraps and other handmade products may take 2-3 working days to be despatched, if not in stock.
Small items are sent by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery. Larger items are sent by DPD for next day delivery.
Orders over £45 are eligible for free delivery.
You can check the status of your order at any time by logging into your customer account via our website. A Customer Account will need to be created before placing an order, to use the order tracking service.
*Please note that we close our warehouse & sales office over all UK Bank Holidays, you can leave us a message via email@example.com. Please bear in mind that despatch will not take place during this time so orders may take a little longer following the bank holiday break
We want you to be completely happy with the goods you have purchased from SenseToys.
If you are not 100% satisfied with the goods you have purchased you may return them within 30 days of receipt for a refund or exchange. To receive a refund or exchange, goods must be returned unused, in their original packaging and with all original documentation.
Putty/ Sand/ Clay/ PlayFoam – due to hygiene reasons these products are not eligible for returns unless there is a fault with the product.
Sensory Oral Chews / Chewbuddy™ – cannot be refunded where the packaging has been opened.
High Fidelity Ear Plugs and Neck Cord - due to hygiene reasons these are not eligible for returns unless they remain unused with the packaging unopened, however, they can be returned if there is a fault with the product.
The Sensory Direct Weighted Lap Pads & Shoulder carry a ‘Lifetime Guarantee’. If your Weighted Blanket or Lap Pad develops a fault, please call our friendly Customer Services Team on 0345 257 0849, 09:00 – 17:00, Monday to Friday and they will happily arrange a repair or replacement.
Refunds for goods which are returned used, in an unsaleable condition or after 30 days will be at the discretion of SenseToys.
Please ensure you complete a returns form when sending back your goods - this is sent with your order. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a replacement. Without a completed form your refund may be delayed.
Shortages & Non receipt:
Shortages and breakages must be reported to SenseToys within 3 days of receiving your order. Non receipt of an order must be reported to SenseToys within 7 days of notification of despatch.
SenseToys, Unit 11 Great Western Business Park, McKenzie Way, Worcester. WR4 9GN